As tragedy continues to strike through Hurricane Harvey, many families from Texas to Louisiana are left without food, shelter and basic necessities.
While so many struggle, the community of San Angelo shines a light as it strives relentlessly to lend a helping hand.
The common question among the community has been “Where can I go to make a donation and what do Harvey victims need?”
San Angelo NOW has received many calls, emails, Facebook messages and people that have been sent our way. Below you will find a list of what is needed, who you can contact and what you can do to help.
Places To Donate
- Orig-Equip is collecting Hay and Livestock Food. They will be leaving for Houston on Friday.
- Celebration Church at 2639 Sunset is accepting donations now through Friday at 8 p.m.
- Concho Valley PAWS and Posh Pooch are accepting dog & cat food, blankets, towels, litter, leashes/collars, potty pads, and kennels.
- San Angelo Candlewood Suites – Taking donations for the Hurricane Harvey victims. People can donate 24 hours at the front lobby area. For questions contact Lauren Crow at 325-213-0709 or the hotel at 325-947-9400. Accepting water, clothing, non-perishable food items, wipes, diapers, etc.
- Trinity Lutheran Church is accepting donations at 3516 Lutheran Way, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The contact person is Dena.
- Airgas at 2929 N. Bryant is accepting donations until Friday
- Cassie’s Place at 2591 FM 584
- FiFi’s on Chadbourne
- Grape Creek Volunteer Fire Department at 7912 Wren Rd is accepting donations from 5 to 9 p.m. at the back of the fire station.
- U-Turn for Christ will be headed to Houston on Thursday. Donations can be made at 1542 Villarreal Rd. Items can also get picked up if you call Kahiwa at 325-227-1646.
- United Supermarkets are accepting monetary donations from August 29 through September 11, 2017. The United Family (Market Street) has pledged to match donations collected up to $10,000.
- Facebook Group: Texans Helping South Texas (Meghan Cole at 325-939-5526)
- A Hurricane volunteer relief and clean up team sponsored by Lone Star Moving, Angelo Apartment Movers and the Terry Mikeska Foundation will also be leaving this weekend with a professional group of movers and cleaning crews. If anyone wants to donate cleaning items, gallons of vinegar (to kill mold), Windex, bundles of cleaning rags, please call or text Chris Cain at 325 374-2246.
- American Red Cross – 800-RED-CROSS. You can also text HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation for those in need.
- The United Way – Text UWFLOOD to 41444 to donate to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Salvation Army – http://helpsalvationarmy.org/
- The Houston Food Bank, Galveston County Food Bank, and Corpus Christi Food Bank all accept online donations.
- AEP Employee’s contributions, including online donations to the AEP Emergency Disaster Relief Fund of The Salvation Army for relief efforts in hurricane-ravaged portions of the AEP Texas service area, will be matched up to $50,000 by the American Electric Power Foundation
- San Angelo Community Medical Center, 3501 Knickerbocker Road, Wed. – Sun. 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (until September 3)
- Community Health Club, 3336 Loop 306, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (until September 3)
- Lowe’s Supermarkets & Food King have initiated an in store donation campaign. Consumers may make a donation of $1, $5, $10 & $20 that may be added to their grocery bill. All funds through this effort will be coordinated through a disaster relief fund with South Plains Food Bank called “From Lubbock with Love.”
• Meats: Chicken, Spam
• Fish: Salmon, Tuna
• Peanut Butter (NO GLASS)
• Jelly (NO GLASS)
• Fruits or Fruit Cups
• Pop Tarts
• Dry Milk
• Paper Towels
• Disinfecting Wipes
• Face Cleansing Wipes
• Baby Wipes
• Baby Food (NO GLASS)
- flashlights & batteries
- hygeine products
- drivers with trailers
**NO GLASS BOTTLES OR JARS CAN BE SENT TO THE IMPACTED AREAS**
Thank you, San Angelo, for your continued efforts to help those affected by Hurricane Harvey.