Structure fire on N. Pierce and Rio Grande tackled, controlled by SAFD

Monday afternoon, a tenant living in a home on North Pierce and Rio Grande streets went home to let the dog out during his lunch break, and noticed a small fire in his home.

According to the San Angelo Fire Department, firefighters were called to a structure fire off of North Pierce and Rio Grande at approximately 12:20 p.m.

Fire Marshall Ross Coleman said, “The front bedroom of the home was fully involved in fire. The fire was quickly extinguished. It was isolated to the front bedroom where heat and smoke went through the house.”

Some heat damage was caused to the living room and other rooms in the house had some smoke damage.

Probable cause of the fire was discovered by a malfunction with a box fan on the floor or items that could have been placed too close in proximity to the fan motor.

Fire 3

Fire 2

No injuries were reported and the owner of the property as well as other tenants were notified of the structure fire.

“There was very minimal damage, very easy to fix up and clean up. It’s going to take some work, but in the big scheme of things it’s a very good outcome,” Coleman said.