Structure fire on Live Oak Street quickly extinguished by homeowner and SAFD

A quick reaction by a homeowner made the job a little easier for San Angelo Fire Department’s firefighters Sunday night.

SAFD received a call about a possible structure fire at approximately 7:15 p.m. Sunday at 2535 Live Oak St.

Scanner traffic indicated complainants could see flames and smoke from the yard and that a shed was on fire.

SAFD Capt. Jay Neely said that when first unit, Engine 5, arrived the homeowner had already started to extinguish the fire herself with a garden hose and the fire was almost out.

Fire

“It was the pool house that was on fire. We pulled a line and finished putting it out.” Neely said.

“The fire marshal is on his way to investigate, but we believe it was an electrical fire.”

Fire

No further information is available as the fire marshal is investigating the fire.