A small fire sparked on a power pole near the intersection of Valleyview Boulevard and Knickerbocker Road Friday morning.
According to scanner traffic, the part of the pole on fire was a small transformer. San Angelo Fire Department firefighters responded to the scene and kept watch until a crew from AEP arrived on the scene.
The fire burnt itself out as the AEP crew arrived on the scene.
AEP’s Fred Hernandez said the object which caught fire was not a transformer, it was a fuse on the power pole.
As of 11:40 a.m. Friday, 150 customers were without power in the area of the fire. Power has been restored on Friday afternoon to all customers.