A shed behind a home in the 100 block of West 8th Street was destroyed by fire shortly after 2 p.m. Monday. No injuries were reported and no one was in the shed at the time of the fire.
The corrugated metal shed contained numerous items including a hot plate, a propane stove, a mattress standing up on one side and other items typical for a storage building. Although the structure was not wired for electricity, there was an extension cord extending from the house to the shed.
“I was told no one was in it at the time of the fire,” said San Angelo Fire Marshal’s Department Fire Investigator Joanna Jackson. “But possibly someone staying in it at night. But I have not confirmed that with anyone yet.”
Jackson said the cause of the fire is unknown at this time and she will continue to investigate after she speaks to the homeowner.