The reward for a Top 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender and December’s featured fugitive according to the Department of Public Safety, has been increased to $10,000.
The reward has been increased in the hope of gaining information leading to the capture of the fugitive in the month of December.
The fugitive is 26-year old Dakota Marcus Stewart, currently wanted for failure to register as a sex offender since August 2017.
Stewart’s criminal history involves aggravated sexual assault and indecency with a child by exposure.
Stewart has warrants in the cities of Mansfield, Dallas, Arlington, and Fort Worth.
According to the DPS, Stewart is 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 175 pounds. He has a tattoo on his left wrist and scars on his left hand, back and face. Stewart is also known for providing false information, such as using fake names.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters MUST provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous.