Record high temperature expected Wednesday

A record high temperature of 83 degrees is forecast for the Concho Valley Wednesday afternoon. According to the National Weather Service in San Angelo, the record high for San Angelo is 82, set in 2000.

Mostly sunny skies and unseasonably warm temperatures are in store again Wednesday for West Central Texas. Breezy conditions will develop as south-southwest winds increase in the area with gusts of 10-20 mph possible.

Wednesday night will be mostly clear with a low near 51 and south winds at 5-15 mph.

On Thursday, high temperatures will be in the lower 70s and lows in the mid-50s with a 20 percent chance of showers.

Rain chances will increase to 40 percent Friday with an expected high of 67. Friday night, chances for showers and thunderstorms will be at 60 percent with a low near 63.

Chances for showers and thunderstorms will continue through Sunday night.