House fire on Grape Creek Road

Firefighters from the Grape Creek Volunteer Fire Department worked to extinguish a house fire late Tuesday afternoon.  The call for a structure fire came in around 4:30 pm. Firefighters were on scene within minutes. When they arrived, crews saw flames and smoke coming from the roof.

Aaron Flint, Grape Creek Volunteer Fire Department, said there were no flames inside the house, most of the fire was on the exterior of the home. Crews did have to tear into the ceiling of the home to access the source of the heat, which Flint said was some appliances and tools the owner had stacked inside the attack.

No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries. The fire is under investigation.