The final day to register to vote in the Nov. 8, 2016, election is Oct. 11. Among the items on the ballot will be the presidential election.
Locally, seats up for election include Tom Green County Sheriff; 51st, 119th, 340th and 391st district judge; and 51st and 119th district attorney, according to the Tom Green County Election’s Office.
Applications can be delivered in person, mailed or delivered by a deputy voter registrar. Registration cannot not be completed online, however changes to names and/or addresses within the same county in which you are registered can be made.
Voter registration becomes effective 30 days after it is received by the registrar’s office. There is no registration by political party in Texas. Citizens register in their county of current residence.
Eligibility for registration:
- be 18 years of age or older
- be a United States Citizen
- cannot have been determined totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
- cannot have been finally convicted of a felony, or, if so, must have fully discharged all conditions of the sentence or pardoned
- be a resident of the county in which application for registration is made.
Here are important dates for the November 8 election:
|First Day of Early Voting||Oct. 24, 2016|
|Last Day to apply for Ballot by Mail
(Received, not postmarked)
|Oct. 28, 2016|
|Last day of Early Voting||Nov. 4, 2016|
|Last day to receive Ballot by Mail||7 p.m. Nov. 8, 2016
(Unless overseas deadline applies)