Members of the community can take part in the city’s decision on which project will be chosen for the state’s Low Income Housing Tax Credit program
A forum will meet at the McNease Convention Center at 501 Rio Concho Drive at 6 p.m. on January 29 through February 1.
The proposed housing projects include:
- Glen Park, by VCZ Development, at 4001 S. Chadbourne St., 60 units, 2-3 bedrooms for family households.
- Meadow Falls, by VCZ, 4665 Southland Blvd., 76 units, 2-3 bedrooms for family households.
- Balcones Flats, by Herman & Kittle Properties, 913 W. 33rd St., 64 units, 2-3 bedrooms for family households.
- The Trails, by Generation Housing Development, 2600 Era St., 72 units, 1-3 bedrooms for family households.
- Cherry Trails, by Four Corners Development, on Appaloosa Trails behind The BLVD Apartments, 48-60 units, 1-2 bedrooms for the elderly.
- Twohig Plaza, by Four Corners, 201 S. Chadbourne St., 40-60 units, 1-2 bedrooms for the elderly.
Only one project will receive tax credits from this area.
For the past two years, developments for seniors were chosen.